LEARN MORE | AROMATHERAPY
What is Aromatherapy Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Aromatherapy Lymphatic Drainage Massage is the use of pure essential oils and specific massage movements that manually move the lymph in your body. Aromatherapy and Lymphatic Drainage Massage are two very effective applications on their own as described below. However, when the two applications are combined, a powerful treatment is created that not only bathes you in a beautiful and therapeutic custom aroma (that affects smell, memory, muscles, organs, and the nervous system assisting in the overall health of the individual) but also detoxes, relaxes and rejuvenates the mind, body and spirit.
- Aromatherapy is the enhancement of the mind, body and spirit with the use of aromatic, botanical essential oils. Essential oils are non-oily aromatic liquids created from various parts of plants, herbs, flowers, fruits, woods and spices. There are no chemicals, artificial and/or synthetic substances or any other additives added to the oils. The oils I use are as close to 100% natural as possible. A form of alternative medicine, several ancient civilizations (Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Chinese and Indian) have used Aromatherapy for their physical, emotional and mental well being. They have the ability to strengthen our immune system and stimulate our body’s natural healing abilities. Additional applications include for pain relief, increased circulation, mood enhancement and increased cognitive function.
Ex. Lavender– calming, anti-viral, blood pressure balancer, helps heal skin conditions. Eucalyptus (active ingredient in Vicks and many muscle relaxing rubs)- anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-spasmodic, decongestant- aides in relieving headaches due to sinusitis, supports and strengthens the lungs and lung conditions, supports and boost immunity.
- Lymphatic drainage is the natural function of the lymphatic system, which is an essential part of our immunity. Essentially the lymph system removes waste put out by the cells in our bodies. If this function isn’t working properly our bodies would swell up like balloons, filling our cells with stagnant fluid. The lymph system’s impact is so far reaching that many don’t even realize that minor aches and pains, low energy or susceptibility to colds and flu may be due to a sluggish lymph system and a compromised immune system. The lymphatic system doesn’t have any way to move the fluid on its own; therefore it relies on the movement from muscles in the body to push the fluid along and valves to keep the fluid going in the right direction. Many factors contribute to the sluggish and/or stagnant movement of lymph in your body including age and lack of movement (ex.sitting and/or driving for the majority of the day and night).
Lymphatic Drainage massage consists of specific movements that are used to lightly push lymph through the system, helping it to drain out of the tissues and move throughout the body. This gentle lymphatic massage helps to relax, rejuvenate, increase mental alertness and detox the body.
- Assist the oils absorption into the skin *
- Stimulates circulation
- Promotes relaxation
- Drains the lymphatic system
- Aid nerves, meridians and plexuses in returning to balance